His body isn’t even cold yet and the New York times has already put out a shameful article declaring Nelson Mandela to be an “icon of peaceful resistance”. News outlets around the Western world are hurrying to publish obituaries that celebrate his electoral victory while erasing the protracted and fierce guerrilla struggle that he and his party were forced to fight in order to make that victory possible. Don’t let racist, imperialist liberalism co-opt the legacy of another radical. Nelson Mandela used peaceful means when he could, and violent means when he couldn’t. For this, during his life they called him a terrorist, and after his death they’ll call him a pacifist — all to neutralize the revolutionary potential of his legacy, and the lessons to be drawn from it.
Don’t fucking let them.
“A terrible villain is like a good meal – you almost hate to see it eaten.”
carrots taste like sugary dirt but i eat them because they’re good for me. and because they’re already in the soup, so it would be a waste not to.
Patrick!!! this is a really nice chain message!! all right here I go
1. people say I have a really calming/positive aura, and I’m going to agree with that. for all my weird anxiety, I am a really patient/relaxed person, and I do not require a lot of interaction, so I think people physically like being around me because I don’t demand a lot of energy.
2. I have really dark, thick hair that started graying when I was 14, and I love it a lot. I always think about dyeing it, but I like it dark too much to change it.
3. I have got a sweet pair of broad shoulders, and a fine-ass collarbone/clavicle area. When I roll my shoulders, that whole area (including my deltoids) is mysteriously shaped as if I have muscle definition (spoiler: I don’t, I’m chubs and I love it).
4. I am thoughtful and personal in my gift-giving, and I like to give more than I receive!!
5. I’m pretty musically diverse. I love to consume a lot of different genres, and I’m super open to any and all suggestions. I love hearing about people’s favorite music. I love personal and character playlists. I love music.
what if you spoke in your icon’s voice for an entire week
The Great Bowel Movement are posting some amazing things for IBD awareness week. Check out their website and Facebook page for more!
I’m looking for music artists/bands that are trans* and I happened across Namoli Brennet and WOW JUST TEAR MY HEART OUT WHY DON’T YOU, SHE’S SO GOOD her live stuff is amazing. shit, i’m such a sucker for folk music.